Saturday, April 6, 2013

WOW! A Diet That Really Works


As you can see from this blog, I have been at this weight loss thing for a very LONG time. Will I finally found an easy, cheap, consistent diet that works. I like it because I don’t have to think about what to fix and when to eat. Also, you are so full all of the time that you do not even think about cheating-but we do once a week on Sunday. This diet is Ann Louise Gittleman’s Fat Flush Soup Diet. http://www.fatflush.com/blog/fat-flush-soup-diet/  It is easier to add the link than to copy the recipe. Besides you also want the other elements of the program.
I found this diet through my son’s counselor. He needed to lose a hundred pounds and nothing had worked. One day I went with him to his appointment and she said that she had lost thirty pounds on the diet. It looked great off of her and I decided we needed the same thing. The first week I lost six pounds and my son lost fifteen!!!! Now it is a detox diet as well so that was a lot of garbage and fluid in our systems. We felt better and found it easy to follow. One trick that we read on another blog of a gal who was having great success was from her doctor. She suggested that you keep a coffee type mug on the counter and eat a mug of soup about every two hours. That was great for us. We would reach for the soup instead of other things and it was filling and delicious. Our favorite meats in the soup are either the ground turkey or the hamburger. We eat more of the turkey than the hamburger but when we need a change we go to the hamburger. Also the same doctor suggested adding other green veggies like collards, spinach, green beans or cabbage. I change it up as the mood hits.
We have been on the diet for about ten weeks and my son has lost forty-three pounds and I have lost twenty. That is a great success for us. We both have struggled for a long time but no more.  We both are looking forward to the next twenty or so pounds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment