Thursday, December 25, 2008

Thin is a choice


Merry Christmas! I know as you eat the turkey, ham and trimming today you are saying that tomorrow you shall diet or maybe for you it is after the holidays. There is no time like NOW to think about you weight. So you just waddled away from the table and ate extra helpings of everything, how can you think about losing weight. The good news is that was ONE meal. It may have been a big meal or equal to a couple of meals but the truth is it only one meal. Now your choice is what are you going to do at the next meal?

I can hear your answer, I will just eat a salad. Will a salad make you feel as if you had a meal or will you feel deprived while everyone else is chowing down on left over mashed potatoes, gravy and the like? This is your dilemma. What choices can you make faced with a table full of food that won't make your pants or buttons pop? Oh, did I hear you say you wore elastic in your waistband so they would "give" when you needed them? Well, that is one way of handling the situation. Our problem is we probably do this at more than the holiday season. Most people add about 6 to 10 pounds during this time of year. Yep, you heard me right.

So our first step is making choices, do I let my head and my stomach run the show or my brain? Can I find things on the table that are not going to slow down my metabolism or that are calorie loaded that I can eat and be satisfied? If I eat some of everything I like can I make small portions to taste not "pig out" on?

Life is full of choices and being thin is just one more. You can choose to be thin or run around trying the latest fads diets and running your metabolism up and down like a yo-yo. When you mentally choose to be thin, you will be. There are things and people who keep us from making that choice. The stress in life can keep you from that choice, the pressure from people who are always saying, "go ahead, you can have one more. You can diet tomorrow." These people are not your friends! They are food-pushers just like drug dealers, they know your drug and they are pushing. JUST SAY NO! If they get offended then you know they are food-pushers and run to the diet police, well anyway run.

Our lesson today is making a choice to be thin. When you decide that is what you want more than a quick fix, then you are more than halfway there. Remember, nothing taste as good as being thin feels!

No comments:

Post a Comment